Saturday, December 14, 2013

Is it good to follow the leader?

As a keen student of professional services domain, I was perturbed to see the predictable pattern of management many law firms in India follow in pursuit of new business. Therefore, I decided to talk to a few of them and understand the cause of such banality in their approach to growth. Well! Hitting the root was not a tough ask. Plainly speaking, most of the law firms got inspired by their contemporaries in the UK and the US. For them, it was safe to follow the leader. Hardly a surprise, the managing partners were focused westward.

Hang on! Why am I talking in past tense? A few lawyer friends I met yesterday insisted that nothing has changed at most places. According to them, bigger law firms continue to “differentiate” themselves by adopting effective ways of western law firms, while the smaller firms continue to follow bigger law firms in their effort to “equalise”.

No comments:

Post a Comment